FLOW will be the first project explicitly linking walking and cycling with congestion reduction. The project takes a trans-disciplinary approach to congestion reduction, and aims to create and implement a new state-of-the-art by integrating the FLOW methodology and congestion assessment tools into the current standard transport impact analysis process. Its objectives are:
- To define the role of walking and (safe) cycling in congestion reduction;
- To develop and apply tools for assessing the congestion-busting impacts of various walking and cycling measures;
- To demonstrate and assess the congestion reduction impact of various walking and cycling measures;
- To actively support take-up of congestion reducing measures by public administration;
- To increase awareness of the congestion reduction potential of walking and cycling;
- To foster the market for new walking and cycling products and services for congestion reduction;
- To communicate congestion reduction facts of walking and cycling.